Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

I'm happy to be playing Germany rather than France or Portugal. We're on the "easier" side of the draw on paper too.

Great night of entertainment. Proof again that this format doesn't work great though. It's only been exciting on the final games when teams had to go out and try to win.

I also cannot believe there is so much debate about whether or not the foul by Lloris is a penalty...folks, he ran out and clocked Danilo in the side of the head. Danilo also WON the header ahead of Lloris. As clear a penalty as I've ever seen.

10 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Germany was the opponent I least wanted England to play. Now we'll have to endure more World War II jingoism and Brexit codswallop in the build-up.

You mean to say you're not looking forward to the gammons singing twelve German bombers. CALL YOURSELF A PATRIOT

Just now, DavidMarrio said:

You mean to say you're not looking forward the gammons singing twelve German bombers. CALL YOURSELF A PATRIOT

It's also the narrative that England/Germany is a massive two-way rivalry. The way some English pundits tell it, you'd think that all Germans spend every day mourning about the 1966 result when they actually don't give a toss. It seems every nation in Europe claims to be Germany's biggest rival.