Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

I never understood why this very common misconception came to be.

There's no mention of it in the rules, but everyone says the "getting to the ball first" as if it was ever a rule. 

You may not agree with it, but it isn't.

If it's a foul, it's a foul. It depends on the whole action. I'm not even talking about this one, right now.

• Like 3

So, since the groups stage is almost over, here's the 2/3 of teams that have qualified.

Italy

Wales

Switzerland

Belgium

Denmark

Netherlands

Austria

Ukraine

England

Croatia

Czech Republic

Sweden

Spain

France

The last 2 will be:

a) Portugal and Hungary if it all stays like it is.

b) Germany and Portugal if Germany doesn't lose.

c) Hungary and Finland if Hungary wins and Portugal ends up losing 5-1 to France (or similar)

d) Germany and Finland if Germany doesn't lose and Portugal ends up losing 5-1 to France (or similar)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malenko said:

So, since the groups stage is almost over, here's the 2/3 of teams that have qualified.

Italy

Wales

Switzerland

Belgium

Denmark

Netherlands

Austria

Ukraine

England

Croatia

Czech Republic

Sweden

Spain

France

The last 2 will be:

a) Portugal and Hungary if it all stays like it is.

b) Germany and Portugal if Germany doesn't lose.

c) Hungary and Finland if Hungary wins and Portugal ends up losing 5-1 to France (or similar)

d) Germany and Finland if Germany doesn't lose and Portugal ends up losing 5-1 to France (or similar)

Have Ukraine? I thought they hadn't.

Just now, Malenko said:

They will be qualified as one of the best third placed teams, which in this 24 team format means, being at least a below average third, which is what they are.

Oh yeah, they are. I just assumed they were going out with the way things had been looking.