Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

27 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Bet the gammons are loving having Emma Hayes talking about double pivots and other footballing terms they have zero concept of.

Meanwhile Sam Matterface was busy calling Sinisa Mihajlovic a "legend", because taking a good free-kick surpasses racism and assault on a football pitch.

2 minutes ago, damshow said:

Taylor Twellman. He's one of the best of ours. Former player who also seems to do his homework.

Was going to say, he actually seems knowledgable and offers actual insight. Must be why they paired him with Jon Champion. 

Just now, FLiam said:

Was going to say, he actually seems knowledgable and offers actual insight. Must be why they paired him with Jon Champion. 

Having now had the chance to hear all the pairings there's really only one that is terrible. Derek Rae/Efan Ekoku are good as are Ian Darker/Stewart Robson.

• Like 1

For as good as Spain have been at keeping the ball - this must be the weakest Spain squad in years. Don’t have enough oomph about their approach play.

I wonder why Adama Traore is in the squad though if this is the sort of football they play. You’d think he would be pretty ineffective playing for a team that has 80% of the ball in a game.

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

Bet the gammons are loving having Emma Hayes talking about double pivots and other footballing terms they have zero concept of.

Emma Hayes is brilliant. I could happily live without seeing Eni Aluko on my tv ever again though.

1 hour ago, FLiam said:

Twellman and Champion are together because they're ESPN's main commentary team for anything pertaining to MLS/USMNT. They're a regular pair, much like Rae and Efan, who are the lead commentators for the Bundesliga.

Twellman's not my favorite former player doing commentary in America (in part because he can too often go into the ESPN stupid rants for drama/attention when he's in the studio), but he's certainly up there. I'm spoiled though because I get to have Danny Higginbotham on Union games with JP Dellacamera, which is just the bee's knees.

• Like 1