NFL 2019

Maxx

Atwater and Edgerrin James have made the Hall of Fame. People are basically tweeting out if they got in or not in advance of the official announcement.

And let's add Troy Polamalu and Isaac Bruce to that list.

Been a huge run of safeties making it in the Hall of Fame the past few years.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Atwater and Edgerrin James have made the Hall of Fame. People are basically tweeting out if they got in or not in advance of the official announcement.

And let's add Troy Polamalu and Isaac Bruce to that list.

Been a huge run of safeties making it in the Hall of Fame the past few years.

Steve Hutchinson as we

• Admin

As for who else won what...

Jackson headlined a big night for Baltimore. Harbaugh became the first NFL Coach of the Year in Ravens history, and offensive coordinator Greg Roman received the Assistant Coach of the Year award. Harbaugh guided the Ravens to a team-record 14 wins and the franchise's first top seed.

The Ravens became the first team to capture MVP and Coach of the Year in the same season since the Carolina Panthers in 2015 (Cam Newton and Ron Rivera).

"If people aren't laughing at you, you know your dreams aren't big enough," Harbaugh said. "And people were laughing at us a little bit, That was kind of tough to bite your tongue sometimes. But to let Lamar and the guys prove it is the most rewarding part."

The New Orleans Saints' Michael Thomas edged out Jackson by two votes to become the second wide receiver to earn the Offensive Player of the Year award, joining Jerry Rice (1987 and 1993). Thomas set a single-season league record with 149 receptions this season.

New England Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore became the sixth cornerback to win Defensive Player of the Year and the first since Charles Woodson in 2009. Gilmore, whose six interceptions tied for the NFL lead and whose 20 passes defensed topped the league, is the first Patriots player to win this award.

"Each and every week, I feel like I'm going against the best receivers every game, and I was able to shut them down as much as I can," Gilmore said. "That's tough being on an island, tough playing a lot of man-to-man coverage each and every week, but I feel like I did that every week."

The top two picks in last year's draft lived up to the hype as Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray was named Offensive Rookie of the Year and San Francisco 49ers defensive end Nick Bosa was awarded Defensive Rookie of the Year. Murray joined Newton as the only rookies to total over 3,500 yards passing and 500 yards rushing, and Bosa recorded nine sacks. It's the fourth time the top two picks in the draft won Offensive and Defensive Rookie awards, per Elias Sports Bureau research.

The Comeback Player of the Year award was given to Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who beat out 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo by one vote.

"It's an honor you never want to be up for, but it's an honor to be recognized," Tannehill said. "You had to overcome a lot of adversity. To get this point, it's special."

5 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

Lamar Jackson joins Tom Brady as the only unanimous MVP in league history.

Seeing this happen with a Ravens QB is all very surreal to me as a Ravens fan.

*running back

As great as Michael Thomas was this season, I have no idea how a guy can win unanimous MVP but not Offensive Player of the Year.  The MVP already goes to the guy who has the best offensive numbers the vast majority of the time yet if that same guy also wins OPOTY is basically a toss-up.  It's like the voters treat it as a consolation prize.

Looking over the Super Bowl props.  If you think the Chiefs are going to win there’s really no reason to not also bet Mahomes for MVP.  Don’t really see anybody else getting it...if the Chiefs are gonna win against the Niners D they need Mahomes to be Mahomes.

If on the other hand you think the Niners will win, that opens things up a bit because they’ve shown they can win without Jimmy G needing to do much.  To that end, Jimmy G actually has pretty damn tempting odds at +280....considering the QBs tend to get it by default if nobody else stands out that’s a nice number.

My dark horse for MVP is Fred Warner. Niners need to come out, get a quick score, and stop the Chiefs if they want to win. If the Chiefs score first, and we have to play catch up, it'll be incredible tough.

My prediction, Reid or Mahomes feels too much pressure, change what they've been doing all year, and the 49ers sneak out a close one.

Teams that rely heavily on running the ball like the Niners do really can't afford to go down more than one score at any point in the game. All season they've kept games extremely close though. I just really don't trust SF in a game where Garoppolo has to throw and the defense knows he has to throw, I watched that game a few weeks ago will Baltimore and Tennessee.

Also I agree on the Fred Warner as a darkhorse MVP candidate. Mecole Hardman fits the bill for KC. 

Anyway my picks are SF to win, I'll take the under (kind of have to if I think the Niners are winning), Deebo to score the game's first TD, and Raheem Mostert to win MVP.

• Like 1