• Too Long
  3. 3. Recommendation

• Rental
    • Buy
    • Watch on TV
    • Avoid

Genres: Drama, Adaptation and Politics/Religion

Running Time: 2 hrs. 2 min.

Release Date: December 5th, 2008 (limited)

MPAA Rating: R for some language.

Distributors:

Universal Pictures

Starring: Frank Langella, Michael Sheen, Sam Rockwell, Toby Jones, Matthew MacFadyen

Directed by: Ron Howard

Produced by: Peter Morgan, Karen Kehela-Sherwood, David Bernardi

Just got around to watching this. I'm actually surprised there hasn't been another movie made (aside from All the President's Men) on Nixon given his status as one of the controversial figures in American history. The movie is really well done. I liked the start which almost had a documentary feel to it. Yes it drags on in the middle but had my interest from start to finish. Now I understand if you're not into politics you might not like this but it is one of the most important events in American history. Frank Langella's portrayal of Nixon is really well done.

Given the political situation we've seen in the US in the last 8 years this movie did come out at the perfect time. Can you imagine a journalist landing an interview with Dubya...no holds barred.....and what could come out of it. Its a shame that politicians are babied and coddled so much now.

People really should read the book from Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein and watch the movie that followed. I have to dig up the actual Frost/Nixon and watch it as it was obviously before my time. This probably is a rental as most people aren't into politics but it should be watched by all.

Edited by sahyder1

This movie is fucking A. This and Gran Torino are two new films that are as good as anything I've seen at the cinema in ages. Two great lead performances and good humour should make it that bit more accessible to people that don't usually go for political or historical pieces.

Genres: Drama, Adaptation and Politics/Religion

Running Time: 2 hrs. 2 min.

Release Date: December 5th, 2008 (limited)

MPAA Rating: R for some language.

Distributors:

Universal Pictures

Starring: Frank Langella, Michael Sheen, Sam Rockwell, Toby Jones, Matthew MacFadyen

Directed by: Ron Howard

Produced by: Peter Morgan, Karen Kehela-Sherwood, David Bernardi

Just got around to watching this. I'm actually surprised there hasn't been another movie made (aside from All the President's Men) on Nixon given his status as one of the controversial figures in American history. The movie is really well done. I liked the start which almost had a documentary feel to it. Yes it drags on in the middle but had my interest from start to finish. Now I understand if you're not into politics you might not like this but it is one of the most important events in American history. Frank Langella's portrayal of Nixon is really well done.

Given the political situation we've seen in the US in the last 8 years this movie did come out at the perfect time. Can you imagine a journalist landing an interview with Dubya...no holds barred.....and what could come out of it. Its a shame that politicians are babied and coddled so much now.

People really should read the book from Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein and watch the movie that followed. I have to dig up the actual Frost/Nixon and watch it as it was obviously before my time. This probably is a rental as most people aren't into politics but it should be watched by all.

If you want another Nixon film, try the one by Oliver Stone. Great movie.

Wow, just finished watching this and while I've never been a huge fan of politics, I will say that this was a great film. I'm much too young to have seen the actual interviews and everything but watching this almost made you feel apart of it.

Everybody actor in the movie pretty much did an outstanding job with the most recognition of course, going to Frank Langella as Nixon but both Michael Sheen and Sam Rockwell were superb in their roles as well.

Ron Howard was exceptional behind the camera as always and it's too bad he was up against Danny Boyle for Slumdog Millionaire as he probably would've won it if Boyle wasn't there as well.

All in all, a superb film and quite possibly the best one of the year. Slumdog Millionaire was of course good, but it's kind of hard to compare the two in my eyes so they're equally as good, IMO.