EWB Sports Hall of Fame - Ballot 1

sahyder1

Hall of Fame  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How many people should we induct?

• 3 every Month
    • 3 every 15 Days
    • 3 every 10 Days

I think it was Clawson who first brought this up on EWB III and I figured it should be brought back. Going to keep it real simple. I figure we add 3 people a month. This Hall of Fame will consist of athletes from all sports....so no it is not just a North American sports Hall of Fame like the last one ended up being. I don't remember what the voting process was for that one. Like I said before...going to keep it real simple. List your top 5 for this initial ballot. Whoever you rank as #1 will get 10 points, 5 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 2 for the fourth and 1 for the 5th. We'll induct the top 3 and then have a fresh ballot next month and go from there. Only restriction I can think of is that the athlete must be someone who's been retired for at least 3 years. Other then that athletes (male or female) from all sports are fair game. There is no quota you have to fill. So your ballot can be 5 athletes from the same sport or you can choose to have a diverse group.

My Ballot:

1) Muhammad Ali

2) Wayne Gretzky

3) Don Bradman

4) Diego Maradona

5) Babe Ruth

Edit: Slight addendum to this. I'm going to add coaches/managers to this as well. An active coach can go in.....but they must have been a coach for a minimum of 10 years. If you're voting for Pete Rose for example please specify if you want to go in to the players wing or the Coach's wing (bad example but its the first one that comes to mind). Votes received as a coach will not be combined votes received as a player. Sorry for adding this late but it'll be a regular addition now. You're still voting for the 5 people but if you want to go change your ballot around fell free to do so. Just send me a PM notifying me of your changes.

Edited by sahyder1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a small request from me....if for some reason you go back and edit your ballot can you please send me a PM with your old ballot and new ones just so I can keep my tally updated. Thanks.

1. Michael Jordan

2. Wilt Chamberlin

3. Oscar Robinson

4. Bill Russell

5. Larry Bird

I'm going to assume you meant Oscar Robertson?

Edited by sahyder1

Just a small request from me....if for some reason you go back and edit your ballot can you please send me a PM with your old ballot and new ones just so I can keep my tally updated. Thanks.

1. Michael Jordan

2. Wilt Chamberlin

3. Oscar Robinson

4. Bill Russell

5. Larry Bird

I'm going to assume you meant Oscar Robertson?

Yeah sorry about that.

5. Bob Gibson

Can anybody sense a theme going on? (Minus #5 of course) :shifty:

In my opinion five is the most important one of all of them. Of course I'm a die hard St. Louis Cards fan and also happen to believe Bob might be one of the top five greatest pitchers ever but hey.

1. David Fernandez

2. Boris Becker

3. Pat Nevin

4. Chris Hoy

5. Princess Anne

I'll take this as a joke post and direct you to read the rest of the thread first.

If you are picking people from obscure sports like cycling can you please list the sport next to the name. Keep these coming.

Edited by sahyder1

1. David Fernandez (football/soccer)

2. Boris Becker (tennis)

3. Pat Nevin (football/soccer)

4. Chris Hoy (cycling)

5. Princess Anne (equastrian)

I'll take this as a joke post and direct you to read the rest of the thread first.

If you are picking people from obscure sports like cycling can you please list the sport next to the name. Keep these coming.

...no it's not a joke post. I just didn't see the point of choosing people that I've never witnessed playing. Furthermore they have all excelled in their sports and number 1 is like a local hero. So not really a joke post. Apart from Princess Anne. Though she still won an olympic medal.

EDIT: Damn I didn't realise they must have been retired. Just making a new list.

EDIT 2: New list

1. Nick Faldo (golf)

2. Pat Nevin (football/soccer)

3. Boris Becker (tennis)

4. Andy Goram (football/soccer)

5. Steve Redgrave (rowing)

Edited by metalman